Here are revised pairings for the 2012 QCAA Invitational, to be held Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 25 and 26 at Carolina Courts and Kennedy Charter School.
Admission is $15 for a weekend pass or $10 for a one-day pass. Kids 5-and-under get in free.
Carolina Courts is at 7210 Stinson Hartis Road Indian Trail, NC 28079
Kennedy Charter Public School is located at 1835 Sharon Road West, Charlotte, NC, 28210
Fans can follow live tournament results at qcaabasketball.com
8TH GRADE DIVISION
SATURDAY AT KENNEDY CHARTER
Team United vs. Charlotte Rivals, 10:15
Charlotte Express vs. Queen City Hoyas, 11:30 a.m.
Team Richmond vs. Fort Mill Trailblazers, 12:45 p.m.
QCAA Force vs. NC Tigers, 2 p.m.
Team United vs. Queen City Hoyas, 3:15 p.m.
Charlotte Express vs. Charlotte Rivals, 4:30 p.m.
QCAA Force vs. Fort Mill Trailblazers, 5:45 p.m.
Team Richmond vs. NC Tigers, 7 p.m.
7TH GRADE DIVISION
SATURDAY AT CAROLINA COURTS
COURT 3: Sharp Shooters vs. Lake Norman Spartans, 7 p.m.
COURT 4: CB Spiders vs. Lake Norman Spartans, 9 a.m.; CB Spiders vs. Sharp Shooters, 2 p.m.; Carolina Express vs. QCAA Force Blue, 7 p.m.
COURT 5: Metrolina HAVOC vs. QCAA Force Blue, 9 a.m; SC Warriors vs. NC Court Generals, 12:45 p.m.; Metrolina HAVOC vs. Carolina Express, 2 p.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. NC Court Generals, 3:15 p.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. SC Warriors, 5:45 p.m.
6TH GRADE DIVISION
SATURDAY AT CAROLINA COURTS
COURT 1: Metrolina HAVOC vs. St. Gabe's, 9 a.m.; CB Spiders vs. Kings Mountain Storm, 10:15 a.m.; Atlanta Celtics vs. Team United SC, 11:30 a.m.; CB Spiders vs. Central Carolina Force, 12:45 p.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. Virginia Terriers, 2 p.m.; Carolina Phenom vs. Metrolina HAVOC, 3:15 p.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. Charlotte Reign, 4:30; NC Runnin' Rebels vs. Sharp Shooters, 5:45 p.m.; QCAA Force Blue vs. Carolina Preps, 7 p.m.; Sharp Shooters vs. Carolina Hawks, 8:15 p.m.
COURT 2: Carolina Phenom vs. St. Gabes, 11:30 a.m.; Central Carolina Force vs. Kings Mountain Storm, 3:15 p.m.; Atlanta Celtics vs. QCAA Force White, 7 p.m.
COURT 3: Virginia Terriers vs. Charlotte Reign, 11:30 a.m.; QCAA Force White vs. Team United, 3:15 p.m.
COURT 4: NC Runnin' Rebels vs. Carolina Hawks, 11:30 a.m.; Carolina Preps vs. Charlotte Jets, 12:45 p.m.; QCAA Force Blue vs. Charlotte Jets, 3:15 p.m.
5TH GRADE DIVISION
SATURDAY AT CAROLINA COURTS
COURT 2: Charlotte Nets vs. Queen City Thunder, 9 a.m.; Carolina Preps vs. Carolina Warriors, 10:15 a.m.; NC Top Flight vs. Queen City Thunder, 12:45 p.m.; Central Carolina Force vs. Carolina Warriors, 2 p.m.; Charlotte Nets vs. NC Top Flight, 4:30 p.m.; Carolina Preps vs. Central Carolina Force, 5:45 p.m.
COURT 3: Worldwide Sun Devils vs. Lake Norman Wizards, 9 a.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. Charlotte Mustangs, 10:15 a.m.; Richmond Metro Gold vs. Worldwide Sun Devils, 12:45 p.m.; Virginia Vipers vs. Charlotte Mustangs, 2 p.m.; Lake Norman Wizards vs. Richmond Metro Gold, 4:30 p.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. Virginia Vipers, 5:45 p.m.
Saturday at Carolina Courts
COURT 4: QCAA Force Blue vs. Queen City Hoyas, 10:15 a.m.; QCAA Force Blue vs. Central Carolina Force, 4:30 p.m.; QCAA Force White vs. Queen City Hoyas, 5:45 p.m.; QCAA Force Blue vs. QCAA White, 8:15 p.m.
COURT 5: Central Carolina Force vs. QCAA Force White, 9 a.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. Georgia Xclusive, 10:15 a.m.; Carolina Preps vs. Georgia Xclusive, 4:30 p.m.; QCAA Force Red vs. Carolina Preps, 7 p.m.; Central Carolina Force vs. Queen City Hoyas, 8:15 p.m.
QCAA Invitational Rules – 2012
QCAA Invitational Rules:
· All teams are expected to wear numbered uniforms.
· First team listed will be the home team wearing light (white) jerseys and should sit to the left of the scorer’s table.
· The Head Coach is responsible for attending to the medical needs of his/her athletes.
· The Head Coach is responsible for the conduct of his/her coaches, players, and fans.
· Referees and the tournament director hold the right to ask anyone to leave for improper behavior.
· NC High School Rules shall apply.
· No protests will be accepted.
· Official score book will be kept at the scorers table.(teams should check scores, fouls, timeouts at halftime). Home team will keep official book.
· Boys 8U through 12U will use 28.5 size ball
· Please arrive at the gym ready to play 30 minutes before your scheduled time. Gyms will open 30 minutes before the first game on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday mornings. All other games will begin early if possible.
· Playing time will be 14 minute halves (stopped clock) with a 5 minute half-time period for 3rd – 6th Grade. Playing time will be 16 minute halves (stopped clock) with a 5 minute half-time period for 7th and 8th Grade Clock will stop for free-throws, time-outs, and last 2 minutes of each half.
· Five timeouts per game (2 - 30 second and 3 - full). One additional time-out per team will be awarded for each overtime period. Timeouts from the game will carry over to overtime.
· The first overtime will be two (2) minutes – stopped clock. . All overtimes thereafter will be one (1) minute. There will be one (1) timeout per overtime period.
· Two (2) direct technical fouls during a game on any player, coach, or team representative will result in their disqualification for the next two (2) games of the tournament.
· Each team is allowed two coaches in for free.
· The Home Team (first team listed on the schedule) is responsible to keep the game book.
· Each team is responsible for their own warm-ups balls and game balls and/or any other items brought to the game. QCAA Basketball is NOT responsible for lost items.
· The home team must provide the game ball.
GOLD / SILVER DIVISIONS:
· The first place team in each pool will play in the GOLD Division. The 2nd place team will play in the SILVER Division and the 3rd Place team will play a consolation game.
· If pools have 2 teams with the same record, head to head score will determine the winner of the pool. If 3 teams are tied, point differential will be used with a maximum of +15 points for the winner and up to -15 points for the losing team.
HOME/VISITOR TEAM RESPONSIBILITY
Regarding bracket play, top team listed will be home team. Home team wears lighter color uniform. Home teams bench would be to the left of the scores table looking from center court.
Each coach is responsible for the players, assistant coaches, staff, and parents of his/her team. Any misconduct on or off the court will result in immediate dismissal and/or disqualification from tournament. The tournament site director will have the final authority to remove or disqualify any team. Note: In the event of disqualification, tournament fees or any other refund will NOT be issued! No Exceptions!
Pre-Game Warm Up: Pre game warm up time will consist of 5 minutes. The site director may shorten this time if need be.
Half Time: Half time will be 5 minutes. This may be shortened at the discretion of the site director.
25 Point Lead: If at any time during the game, a team establishes a 25 point lead, the clock will continue to run with the exception of a time out being called. If the 25 point lead is reduced to less than 25 points, normal clock operation will resume. Note: Team that is winning by 25 points or more will not be allowed to press full court!